Friday, June 28, 2013

incentives in progress

for the Kickstarter incentives, I wanted to make an original work for anyone who posted even the lowest amount; I'd want something in return for a few bucks. I have a postcard collection that began in the Seventies in my travels across country, from Dallas to San Francisco initially, then SF to New York and to Massachusetts, from Dallas through Baltimore to Western Massachusetts, then back to San Francisco. Postcards have better views than my rudimentary photography capabilities could ever imagine. For a time I fantasized about doing my own American travel series, writing the texts on the back of the card, taking the pics.... So making a postcard for the incentives began as a way to use up some of the collected cards. I made the initial circle markings with water-based pen, then came upon the notion to spray paint the cards red. The use of a triangle came from a FaceBook posting of Edward of Nervous Gender's about the markings used to denote different types of degenerates. While I've marched under the pink triangle for decades, I liked that the red stood for general undesirables, as I recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment