Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pretending to be an artist

Art pose, Art prose. ↓ BAD WRITING ↓
Pretending to be an artist.
Feigning a background.
Imitating your heroes.
Calling attention to a fluke/a stroke of good luck, not genius.
Wanting to be in w. the art crowd.
The thrill egoism of being able to say "I went to school with _____."

____________________________
Communication breakdown - an idea from 1970.
those words aren't used. The punks aren't attempting to define a generation gap. They are acknowledging that there is one, --- "Your Generation," "Youth, Youth, Youth," "Wild Youth." I guess that indicates some form of definition, some statement of place in society.
Offer no alternatives, state the conflict.
I want to be in a group.
I want to join.
I want to feel a part of something.
I want to be rebellious within reason, so as to be still acceptable to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment